Bakiga lodge is a mid range accommodation situated at the edges of Bwindi Forest National Park. The is found in Ruhija section, west of Bwindi forest national park set on the top of a beautiful valley overlooking the home to the gentle giants –Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi forest. The lodge is near the briefing point, just about 10 minutes walk which makes it best place to stay while having gorilla trekking activity in the morning.
The lodge has wonderful accommodation for visitors looking for a real African experience with great views of Bwindi impenetrable forest.
The Lodge is part of Bakiga Community Project, a registered NGO in Uganda and a registered charity in the UK. We work across Kabale to help communities access water. As such, all profits of Bakiga Lodge are to finance the water projects.
This lodge offers very neat cottages with its own bathrooms (warm shower, flush toilet) and an exceptional view over the valley. What makes this place unique is the friendliness of the staff and also the eco-friendly sustainable approach to tourism. The Lodge offers 8 family cabins, all self-contained with ensuite bathrooms and also private balconies with spectacular views of the forest.
Facilities and services of Bakiga lodge.
- The Lodge offers 8 family cabins, all self-contained with en suite bathrooms and also private balconies with spectacular views of the forest.
- Relax in comfort around the fire or at the bar after your Gorilla Trek or Birding tour.
- WIFI internet is available at the lodge.
- The lodge is a non-profit safari lodge – part of the Bakiga Community Project – a registered NGO in Uganda and also a registered charity in the UK.
Activities while at Bakiga lodge.
- Gorilla trekking.
- Guided hikes in the forest.
- Bird viewing.
- Relaxing and taking a breath of the lodge.
- Performance of dance and also songs by local children.
- Community walks
Check out these itineraries where you can also sleep at this lodge: