The 18 Day Best of Uganda Gorilla and chimp trekking, birding and wildlife safari takes you through birding, wildlife and primate destinations.
The 18 Day Best of Uganda Gorilla & chimp Trekking, Birding and wildlife safari takes you through Mabamba wetland for the Shoebill, Murchison Falls national park for game viewing experience and an afternoon boat ride to bottom of the Falls, Kibale national park for chimpanzee tracking, Queen Elizabeth national park for game watching and Bwindi Impenetrable national park for the gorilla trekking expedition.
Itinerary for the 18 Day Best of Uganda Gorilla & chimp Trekking, Birding and wildlife safari
First of all, our driver will meet you at your pick up location (Entebbe). Then, he will drive you to Golf View lake or Lake Victoria hotel.
Early morning transfer to Mabamba for the Shoebill. Later drive to Masindi.
Lastly, spend your night at Masindi Hotel and have dinner as well.
Whole day Budongo Royal mile /Busingiro night as above
Transfer to Murchison falls via Kaniyo Pabidi. Then, you will spend the night at the Night Paraa safari lodge/ Murchison river lodge.
Boat ride to the delta in the morning. Afterwards, you will have lunch and a game drive on the Northern bank. Lastly, you will return to your lodge for the night.
First, you will have a morning game drive. Then, an afternoon boat cruise to the bottom of the falls. Lastly, you will have a night game drive and overnight stay as above.
Day 7 :
Cross to the southern part birding via escarpment. Then, spend your night at Masindi hotel.
Transfer to Kibale birding all the way. Later, spend your night at Mountains of the moon /Chimp Guest house
Whole day Kibale N.P, birding in the morning and afternoon Chimp trekking. Overnight as above
Transfer to QENP N.P, birding en-route. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari lodge
Morning game drive/birding up to Kasenyi, evening boat cruise on Kazinga channel. Dinner and overnight as above
Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable N.P via Kyambura/Ishasha, night at Gorilla Forest Camp /Silverback lodge or Mahogany Camp
Gorilla experience night as above
Whole day birding night as above
Transfer to Kabale via the Neck/Ruhizha birding all the way, night at White Horse Inn
Bird all the way to L.Mburo birding via swamps, night at Mantana luxury tented camp or Rwakobo Rock
Early morning boat ride for the African finfoot and later transfer to Jinja, night at Mabira forest lodge
Bird Mabira, after lunch transfer to Entebbe for Botanical gardens birding before your return flight , if time allows.
Other Related Safaris
- 15 Days Uganda Birding safari
- 10 Days Uganda Gorilla, Chimps & Wildlife
- 7 Days Rwanda Chimps and Gorillas
- 15 Days Uganda Birding, chimp & Gorilla Trekking
- 8 Days Uganda safari to Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth, Kibale and Murchison Falls
Tour costs include the following
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking permits
- Park fees (non-residents)
- All activities that are shown in the itinerary
- Professional driver/ tour guide
- All transfers (airport pick up and drops)
- All Taxes
- All transportation
- Meals (as specified in a day by day section)
- Drinking water all days
Tour costs Excludes
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and after the trip
- Government imposed increased of taxes and park fees
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visas etc)
- Optional activities (not detailed in the above itinerary)