Kibale National Park is located in the Western part of Uganda, 348km from the capital city. (Kampala) and it is just 26km southeast of the amazing Fort portal town. It is one of Africa’s best safari destinations and is famously known for Chimpanzee Tracking and consisting of over 13 different primate.
Kibale National Park’s moist ever green vegetation rises to over 55m and establishes a semi-closed canopy of massive stratified tree crowns where the chimpanzee feel more of being at home.
Kibale National Park is located near the Serene Ndali Kasenda crater area. It is neighbored by the beautiful Queen Elizabeth National Park, Rwenzori Mountains, Toro-Semuliki Wildlife Reserve and Semuliki National Park where it is only a 6hr drive to get to them.
Much as the Park is best known for chimpanzee tracking, a traveler should as well expect to see the Red colobus monkeys, black/ white colobus, pzotto, olive baboons, olive baboon, red tailed monkeys and so many more.
When to visit Kibale Forest National Park?
There is no specific time for visiting the park since Uganda has got the most pleasant climate. Therefore travelers can visit the park anytime desired. However it’s best visited in the dry season when the trails are dry and passable.
How to get to Kibale Forest National Park?
Getting to the park can be much easier. One can get there by air. Aero link Uganda ltd at Mweya/Kasese Airstrip and Fly Uganda domestic airlines can do it better with their scheduled flights.
One can also get to Kibale Forest National Park by use of a car. Pamoja Tours and Travel has got its safari vehicles that are always readily available to transport its clients to different scheduled safari destinations. This takes only 6hrs from Kampala.
Note; – For whatever means of Transport you may need to use to get to the park, please get us notified in advance for the best service.
Accommodation centers near Kibale Forest National Park
Still wondering where to stay on a safari to Kibale Forest National Park. Worry no more, these and more Lodges have got good facilities that are suitable for any traveler. These lodges have private toilets/bathrooms, verandas, well stocked bars, conference halls and so much more.
- Primate Lodge (within the boundaries of the park)
- Kyaninga Lodge. This sits on an extinct volcanic crater lake overlooking the Rwenzori Mountains.
- Papaya Lake Lodge (high in the crater lakes region)
- Ndali Lodge. This one is very close to the national park.it sits on a huge area with stunning views of different landscapes.
- Forest Camp Lodge
- Campsite at primate lodge.
- Crater safari lodge
Activities at Kibale National Park
- Chimpanzee tracking. Chimpanzee tracking is the main activity in the park. It is great opportunity to see them feed on the moist evergreen vegetation, how they associate with humans. More to that, you should go fot tracking with the help of the park guide to avoid danger.
- Birding. Kibale Forest National Park famous for harboring over 325 different bird species. These include, the black bee walls, African pitta, yellow spotted nicater, collared Apalis, red faced woodland warbler, blue headed sunbird, black capped Apalis and so much more.