Rescheduling gorilla habituation permits: Gorilla habituation is where a group of gorillas goes through training to get used to humans in a period of 2-3 years. Gorilla habituation experience, therefore, as an exercise gives a chance to researchers to spend time with a gorilla family until they are used to seeing the researchers around.
Gorilla habituation experience
This experience gives an opportunity to only four people (at a time) including researchers to spend four hours in the presence of the gorillas. This is not the case for trekking where already habituated gorilla families are trekked and this gives just one hour’s time to see them. During training, the researchers keep visiting the apes and conduct monk exercises of about 8 months to see how the apes cope. Once this is successful, the gorillas are set for visiting which is done as gorilla trekking. Notably, Uganda is the only country which offers gorilla habituation experience for the magnificent mountain gorillas.
Location of the endangered species
Broadly speaking, mountain gorillas are endangered species that live in the parks of Virunga National park of DR Congo, Bwindi and Mgahinga national parks of Uganda and Volcanoes national park of Rwanda. Being that Uganda is the only country that offers habituation process, Pamoja tours and Travel Company can help you reschedule for your habituation permits.
Bwindi Impenetrable National park is one of the oldest forests in Africa located in the south western part of Uganda. This national park is a home to different species of plant life(400 species) , primates( chimps, forest elephants, baboons, gorillas), mammals(120 mammals), birds(348 recorded bird species) and wild animals. Additionally, Bwindi is divided into four different sectors of Rushaga, Buhoma, Nkuringo and Ruhija. It is important to not that this national park has half the number of gorillas which exist in the whole world. Due to this fact, these gorilla trekking and habituation activities have made it famous and one of the most visited national parks in Uganda.
Time and location
The process of habituation process was introduced in 2014 by the Uganda Wildlife Authority for those who wished to spend more hours with the gorillas. Gorilla habituation process is done in Bwindi impenetrable national park in the sectors of Rushaga and Nkuringo. The activity starts at 7AM at the park headquarters with giving guidelines to the trekkers. The process only allows four people to take part at a time.
Rescheduling gorilla habituation permits process
You just need to inform us about your future dates when you are planning to travel again. With that, we will quickly inform Uganda Wildlife Authority in a formal letter and reschedule for your permits. As soon as we receive an approval of your request, we will notify you. Note that the process of rescheduling gorilla habituation permits in Uganda occurs at Uganda Wildlife Authority. To reschedule the permit requires you to have paid for the permit in full to be able to move it to a new date and two weeks before the trek date.
There were some changes in the initially existing rules from the authority which allowed rescheduling of the permit twice until March 2022. Rescheduling gorilla habituation permits requires you to have a valid reason, don’t miss your trip or lose your money and reschedule your permit easily with the help of Pamoja tours and travel company.
Gorilla habituation permit prices.
Gorilla habituation permits cost 1500USD for foreign nonresidents, 1000USD for foreign residents and 750,000 for all east African residents. You should book the permits early enough especially during the peak seasons. Pamoja tours and Travel Company can help you secure the permits and reschedule the permits easily.
Gorilla permits for habituation experience are usually few, therefore; we advise you to contact us to book for your permits easily. Booking for the gorilla permits is very easy as long as you trust Pamoja tours and travel company with your bookings.
- We will check the validity of the permits depending on your planned dates of coming.
- Incase they are available, we will reserve the permit for seven days
- You will then send us your payment invoice for us to secure your permit
- After securing the permit, we will then send you copies (after scanning) of receipts from Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Rules and regulations
• All tourists should have a valid gorilla habituation permit which allows them to see the gorillas. No one can be able to see the gorillas without a permit, this implies that all tourists should secure their permits before their safari date.
• Avoid making noise as you move deep into the forest. Trekkers should avoid some behaviors like making noise due to excitement because the gorillas can move to another place. They prefer a more quiet place. This will also help you see different animals and birds as you make your way to the forest.
• All tourists should be 15 years and above to get access to the gorillas. This is necessary to control the spread of child diseases to the gorillas like mumps, cold and flu etc. On top of that, you can never predict a child’s behavior yet the gorillas are very sensitive giants.
• Do not litter any rubbish in the park. The animals in the park are very curious by nature so they might try to touch or eat the rubbish hence exposing them to sickness.
• All tourists should keep a 7 meter distance from the gorillas. This will reduce the spread of diseases to the mountain gorillas.
• Always follow the guide’s instructions while with the gorillas. The purpose of this regulation is to keep you safe and the whole habituation process in order.
• Do not take flash photography for the gorillas may charge or move away from you, these animals are very sensitive creatures.
How to access the park
Flying to the park is just 2 hours flight to Kisoro or Kihihi airstrip from Kajjansi airstrip in Kampala. This is a very quick way to get to the park however it doesn’t give you an opportunity to get stops and sightings of the different places of Uganda like the Equator, landscapes while taking photographs.
Using road transport is a bit tiring, it takes about 8-9 hours’ drive. However, you can get to stop wherever you wish on your way. In the South western part of Uganda, is where your route to Bwindi is. On the other hand, you can fly to Rwanda’s Kigali International airport. From Kigali to Bwindi via Cyanika or Katuna border, it’s just a four hours’ drive. You should use an East African visa in order to have multiple entries into Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda. Rescheduling gorilla habituation permits, Gorilla safaris in Uganda
Where to stay in Bwindi Impenetrable Natural Park?
Bwindi Impenetrable National park is large and thus consists of sectors. Each sector provides its own accommodation facilities depending on where you are planning to start your walk from. You can stay in the sector of your choice depending on your needs. The lodges here give all sorts of accommodation depending on your budget and preference (all the way from budget to luxury).
In Rushaga; Rushaga gorilla lodge, four gorilla lodge, Rushaga gorilla havens lodge
In Nkuringo; Nkuringo Bwindi gorilla lodge, clouds mountain gorilla lodge,
In Buhoma; Buhoma lodge, mahogany springs lodge, Bwindi lodge, gorilla forest camp
In Ruhija; trekker’s tavern lodge, Bakiga lodge or in Lake Bunyonyi lodges in Kabale.
Pamoja tours and Travel Company is a reliable tour company that has been operating with professionalism. Our friendly safari advisors are ready to help you put together a safari customized in your own style of travel and interest.
In addition, our company has professional tour guides and operators, drivers, consultants who are up to date with all information about safaris and booking. When it comes to organizing trips, we offer some of the most legit and safe trips to any part of East Africa. Please contact us for any information and assistance, we are always available to help. Rescheduling gorilla habituation permits, Gorilla safaris in Uganda