Naibor Camp (An intimate camp offering a truly authentic safari experience)
Naibor Camp is a luxury tented camp in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve. On the banks of the Talek River, the camp has resident families of hippos. Interestingly, they seem to love the camp and its location as much as we do! The camp has simple furnishings, a dining area and very accommodating hosts. All these give the Camp a very relaxing and classic safari. For visitors on their first safari or those seeking an authentic Kenya safari experience, this is the right one for you.
In addition, for romance fanatics, Naibor offers the most unforgettable experience of a Maasai blessing. For instance, the medicine man from the local Maasai tribe will bless the couple and present them with a special tribal necklace. Also, a group of Maasai dancers will perform the traditional wedding dance under the shadow of the setting sun, to the sounds of the bush. Certainly, Naibor Camp is a luxurious base for exploring the Mara.
Naibor Camp is inside the Masai Mara National Reserve, hidden in the riverine woodland of the Talek River. The great migration passes through this area between July and October. It is important to note that Naibor is located close to all the major wildebeest crossing sites over the Mara River.
The main mess tent is a central hub for both Naibor and Little Naibor guests. It’s a long canvas tent with a contemporary and safari feel. It is equipped with;
- a bar
- a huge fig-wood dining table
- a lounge area with sofas and beanbags
- a wooden verandah providing alfresco seating and dining.
- The mess tent is also a point for charging cameras and other devices as there is no electricity in the tents.
- Either side of the mess tent lies towards Naibor (seven tents) and Little Naibor (two family tents)
The tents have ;
- king-sized beds made from local fig-wood
- cozy wool rugs
- a private verandah
- a ‘his and hers’ outdoor sink basin.
- Each tent has its own large en-suite bathroom, with an additional basin and a jug of water to use for washing (no running water). In addition, there is a flush toilet and a great safari bucket shower. Also, there is solar lighting in the rooms. However, in the evening and night, it can be quite dim, which only adds to that classic safari ambience!
Activities offered by the camp
Because of its prime location, game drives are the focal activity in Naibor Camp, such as recommended early morning or late afternoon game drives. Guests can also request all day game drives with a picnic lunch, which is popular during the migration season. Other activities include bush meals and sundowners in exclusive locations, and cultural visits to Masai communities outside of the reserve