Cottar’s 1920s Camp (A camp bringing back the vintage and elegance to Kenyan safari camps)
The Cottars family has been operating Cottar’s 1920s Camp luxury tented since 1920. Surprisingly, almost 100 years later, it is still running smoothly. It has elegant antique furniture and impeccable personalized service. Furthermore, the camp features attention to detail and professional, award-winning guiding. All these have attracted guests since the mid-nineties.
Cottar’s 1920’s Camp is on a private game concession, joining the Masai Mara Reserve and the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania. The area promises privacy and diversity of wildlife. Cottar’s Camp offers amazing activities such as ‘off-road’ driving, night drives and guided bush walks.
The camp has six 1920’s style, white en-suite tents, one honeymoon tent and four family suites. The camp accommodates 28 guests. It has a large pool and two main mess areas to give a spacious yet intimate camp feel. The tents are spacious and lavish fitting the timeless design. they have old-fashioned showers and antique furniture.
A 5-minute drive from the camp is the Cottars Private Homestead which can be booked exclusively for a luxury home in the bush. The house has;
- five en-suite bedrooms
- a private 25m pool
- a huge lounge area with a roaring log fire
- a private vehicle
- a professional guide for optimal game viewing activities
- a team of dedicated staff and chefs to ensure a stay full of class and luxury.
Cottar’s 1920’s Camp offers;
- day and night game drives
- guided bush walks where guests can get much closer to nature
- cultural village visits
- Masai warrior school
- river swimming and fishing,
- unforgettable bush meals
- sundowners in the best kept secret spots overlooking the Mara plains.