Scheduled Flights to Kibale National Park: Kibale forest park is located in the South western part of Uganda surrounded by Queen Elizabeth national park and Rwenzori Mountain. The park is a primate zone with the highest number of major primate species in Uganda hence its famous name; the primate capital of the world.
The park has 13 primates like gorillas, red colobus monkey, baboon, black and white colobus monkey, vervet monkey, mangabey, L’Hoest monkey and many other primates. This has ranked the park as the best primate destination for decades. Besides primates, there are different mammal species like chimpanzees and birds in the park.
For all those who want to visit the park by flying, Pamoja tours and Travel Company will help you organize and book for your flight. We will also organize different activities as you visit Kibale Park. Also, the company has tour packages like budget, midrange and luxury tour packages. There are daily scheduled flights organized for interested clients to Kibale national park.
Scheduled Flights to Kibale National Park.
There are daily flights for clients who want to fly to Kibale National park. Aero link and fly Uganda organize the best schedule flights from Entebbe or Kajjansi airstrip. These go to different airstrips like Kasese, Mweya, Mbarara, Semliki and Kihihi. The flight usually takes 1 hour to Kasese or Mweya airstrip from where you transfer to the park or lodge and this usually takes 1:30 minutes to the park. This is the best airstrip that one can use to access Kibale national park because it is shorter in distance. However, the availability of the airline will depend on the routing of the airline of your travel dates.
The flight from Entebbe to any of the airstrip takes different time depending on the airstrip you are planning to use. There are different scheduled flights in Entebbe that are organized depending on different time intervals;
The flights only operate specifically in the high seasons of the year that is December, January, February, June, July, August and September. Therefore, the cases of low seasons, it’s only the morning and afternoon flight working. The flight to Mweya/Kasese airstrip takes 1 hour 15 minutes from Entebbe and if you are to connect to Kibale National park, the drive will take you 1 hour to connect to the park. The total time used will therefore be approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. Timing may vary according to the weather, aircraft routing and the season of the year. Aero link organizes three scheduled flights from Entebbe to Kasese/ Mweya airstrip.
The first flight leaves at 7AM from Entebbe to Mweya or Kasese and lands back in Entebbe at 11:25AM.
The second flights leaves at 10:15AM from Entebbe to Mweya or Kasese and lands back in Entebbe at 13:30PM. There are daily scheduled flights organized for interested clients to Kibale national park.
The last flight leaves at 12:00PM from Entebbe to Mweya or Kasese and lands back in Entebbe at 16:15 PM.
Accommodation in Kibale National park
There are different lodges in Kibale national park that range from luxury, midrange and budget accommodation which are about 90USD to 400USD. Some of the accommodation facilities in Kibale include the following; Kyaniga lodge, chimpanzee forest guest house, papaya lake lodge, Isunga lodge, Ndali lodge, turaco treetops lodge, primate lodge, Kibale home stay, Kibale forest camp and many others.
Best time to visit Kibale National park
The best time visiting Kibale national park is in the months of June, July, August, January, February and September because it is easy to move in the park. This also increases the chances of seeing primates and other mammals, birds in the park as they search for water and food.
However, the park is open for visitors throughout the year because the park receives tropical rainfall throughout the year.
Therefore all activities in the park continue taking place regardless of the weather changes. The rainy season makes it a bit hard to move and carry out all activities in the park, the roads are slippery, which makes it hard even for game drives and the thick vegetation cover makes it hard to see the primates and other wildlife species. There are daily scheduled flights organized for interested clients to Kibale national park.
Activities in Kibale forest national park.
Bigodi wetland walk and community walk
• Bigodi wetland walk and community walk: The wetland is located in Magombe swamp which is a home for different primate species and various attractions like white and black colobus monkey, mangabey, among others and some mammals like chimpanzees, bush pigs, and mongooses among others. The wetland is also a home for different bird species like fire-crested and brown chested alethe, forest robin, red-winged francolin, black-billed turaco among others. You will be able to encounter different communities on your walk. In addition, you will get entertainment through the local dance and music and hear different stories of those communities.
Nature and crater walks
• Nature walk through the forest as you spot different bird and tree species in the forest. You will also have a chance to come into contact with different primates in the forest like bush babies. These nature walks are usually day or night walks through Kibale Park.
• Visiting the crater lakes which requires you to hike up on top of Nyamirima hill from which you will be able to see the 5 crater lakes that surround the national park. Kibale is between the five crater lakes which makes it even a more unique experience as you take pictures of the lakes.
There are daily scheduled flights organized for interested clients to Kibale national park.Chimpanzee experiences
• Chimpanzee tracking and habituation experience in the forest where you will have a full hour when you see the chimpanzees. There are about 5000 chimpanzees remaining in Uganda making them extremely endangered. Chimpanzee habituation however gives a half day enjoyment with the gorillas where you are accompanied by experienced researchers, guides and trackers. You will have an opportunity to enjoy the chimpanzees as well as other different primates in their natural habitat.
• Bird lovers will have an opportunity to see 350 bird species. Some of them are the best species of Uganda like the Albertine endemics. A number of bird lovers find quite interesting when they spot at least 200 bird species. Some of the bird species include; cape wagtail, crowned eagle, mountain wagtail, yellow-fronted canary, archer’s robin-chat, African pitta, Abyssinian ground thrush, dusky twin spot, brown capped weaver, blue spotted wood dove, black bee- eater, brown chested alethe, tambourine dove, handsome francolin, blue breasted kingfisher, helmeted guinea fowl, yellow spotted nicator, African pygmy-kingfisher and many others.
Pamoja tours and travel company is a credible company with an aim of providing professional tour services.
We have worked with different people in all the East African countries. Therefore, we assure you of the best safari offers especially gorilla trekking safaris.
We can help you plan and prepare for your gorilla trekking safari. For chimpanzee tracking safari in any of the East African country, please contact us. In case you need any safari planned you can check out our site for any extra information you need. There are daily scheduled flights organized for interested clients to Kibale national park.